The wide awake club.. or, why are you still up?

I miss her, is all. I miss her terribly.

I’ll try to get some sleep now.

Imagine you were able to predict the price movements on major financial instruments, without even knowing anything about the goings on of that particular industry, but simply based on knowing the patters? That would be quite a thing, no? Almost like magic?

I know what your commie ass is thinking. But consider that most of these predictive tools were developed in none other than feudal Japan, hardly post renaissance European “Evil Banker” capitalism. Around the trade of units of rice paddy.

I know what your commie ass is thinking. “You’re just speculating and thus causing the prices to fluctuate artificially, thus making life difficult for us common folk.” And while I do trade a derivative that is so complex it would make your commie head spin, people are going to want to own or stop owning shares of the main goods and services being traded in our world. The techniques you can use to track the fluctuations this causes, can be applied to extremely illiquid assets like koku of rice in Feudal Japan, pre-computer algorithm Wall Street, and this very day. Oddly, no matter how many or how complex are the derivatives that exist, or how many evil black hearted speculators are trading on anything but their notions of the actual value of the instrument, the techniques work. It’s as if, there is some kind to inertia to the way prices work, because even on an intuitive level, you go “hew i don’t like the look of that market, I’m gonna stand back until it looks a little better and buy then,” because underlying all of these products is an actual factual valuable good or service, that at the end of the day somebody is going to want to be left holding, at ze best price they can manage too. Trouble comes with things like the real estate packages bought and sold in the 2000’s that led to the famous recession, but of course, all these products were heavily distorted by government regulations that essencially outlawed the denial of certain types of real estate loans to certain types of people through certain government owned institutions (Berny Mac and Fanny May) (you got it, to protect the poor, good, hard working man), so that the government was basically saying “don’t sweat it my boy! Don’t worry about it! If these dead beats don’t pay up, we got ya!” This obviously made them very valuable, and suddenly any firm that didn’t hold them was a lot more expensive than firms that did and faced with going out of business, you know, like firms that don’t hold facebook or apple. They may not like it, they may hate it, but they hate going out of business more. And whatever value was salvaged from that debacle, whatever money was retrieved, savings partially or wholy saved, was salvaged, retrieved and saved by diligent gamblers, working hard to squeeze value out of the panic as it stampeded its way down. Not fucking, Obama. Mr “slow recovery, new normal that is until big Trump Man comes around.”

Nobody can predict the future value of things perfectly, comically not even central planning committees of government run “economies,” but if you had the ability to understand the dynamics of the momentums that are involved in price changes, that would be really something wouldn’t it?

Every day the news applet in my trading software tells me things like “fears of this or that caused prices to drop, so-and-so’s announcement of this that and the other caused prices to rise,” I go like hm, that is funny, I had an order set up for that very movement without knowing any of that shit was happening. Amz I some sort of magician?

Maybe. Actually yes, I admit it. I made a covenant with the Satan.

I’m gonna light my cigar.

You know actually, thinking about it now, you could probably have a reasonably good chance of seeing that drop come without even knowing those real estate packages existed.

_
Up again… but that’s because it’s finally a decent time to be up. :smiley:

_
Didn’t Lyssa toy with (catfish) Erik and many of the other KTS males, which is probably why she has been nowhere to be seen in recent years… because they were after her blood.

Perhaps we all need to learn from that situation and remain detached… not become attached, to those we talk to at the end of our electronic devices. In such distant exchanges, it is quite common for some to become annoyed, and shut off from the annoyer completely… the worst case scenario being, when you both annoy the other in equal measure, and both equally simultaneously cease communicating. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fixed‘s ‘marriage’ thread, should also pertain to dating, and all other manner of relationship-related communication, as far as our group demographic goes. lol

Lol well that’s the issue, isn’t it? Our demographic is decidedly small, and usually not found in local activities.

Don’t get me wrong, I find this whole business of falling in love with someone over the internet as distasteful as you do. And people are toyed with in real life as much as these here internet forum boards. But one thing is for certain: the hormones will not be cheated.

Or, in the words of Amy Winehouse’s convict ex-boyfriend:

“Psh. I work out.”

Surely, dear MagsJ, you see a difference between dating and marriage?

Maybe people are willing to forgive more in “dating.” We’re just chatting, right? Maybe some sexy time. And a lot of jealousy play-acting.

But marriage, that’s commonly held goods, that’s a different matter surely.

In catholic countries, the main difference is that when your kin has a personfriend, you only have to pretend to like them to their face. But, when they get married, you have to pretend to like them even behind their backs.

Plus it fits my newfound bluegrass persona.

My woman left me. My dog left me. My booze ran out. All I got is this here banjo.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck2TIusO2P4[/youtube]

The truth is I probably have it worst than that poor bastard Erik ever did.

I always wondered, what it was like, going crazy over a person. The Gods punished me with an answer.

What is a philosopher but the whipping post of the Gods?

I woke up yesterday
Mary had gone
Took my shoes and my shiny gun
Don’t know what that pretty girl wants
With a pistol stuck in her undergarms

Her mother had told me just last week
That moonshine giving her a real mean streak
I don’t know what that pretty girl wants
She’s gonna be the end of me

Whenever I take a stroll around town
The people be giving me a real strange frown
I hope my mary just doesn’t get found
With a pistol stuck in her sleeping gown

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyY8baWucM[/youtube]

vocaroo.com/1cFYOCkAzb0v

It’s a lot harder when you know it’s being recorded.

Jesus, I’m actually kinda proud of this.

_
Funny posts :smiley:

It’s not so much a matter of distaste, as it is one of caution…

These days, no… the Married can agree to having an open marriage, and the Dating can be completely loyal to each other. I don’t think that marriage makes any difference in the realm of fidelity, and on other aspects, of being in a couple.

Hmmm, he was played pretty badly… that whole situation was insane… it was a deliberate plan to humiliate and demean him.

A punishment, for not being like everyone else?

I’m sure there’s a way to philosophise and date… I’m sure.

-edit- no, no, none of that.

I would wager that anybody else, normal, abnormal, philosophical, quirky or plain suffers the punishment equally. A philosopher simply also has a sort of bird’s eye view of it. I guess the worse she could do is publish some of my poems, but ah. I’m not one to really sweat what anonymous people on the web think of me. I’ve been thrown out of a mall because I look homeless.

None of this is fair on the other person though. All you are getting is my point of view. But I just happen to be a person that talks a lot. I also never suffered this affliction before, and talking about it with someone you like seems to help.