Gnosticism.

Agreed, but we can call this mental disease a sort of mental death.

It is clear Hellenic cosmopolitanism couldn’t exist in the real world which is why after the crucifixion it existed as a spook, phantom, or ghost of pure idealism extending from the grave of resurrection. Makes sense they refer to it as the holy ghost.

Mathew 18:20…implying that if one or more of you believe, or hold onto the idea/ideal then the meme survives as pure meme, as pure idea/ideal.
It does not exists outside minds.
as with all nihilistic ideas it only survives as idea, as logos, as symbol/word - it is impotent outside a collective.

Hey DL! Thanks for the clarification.

“Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.”

Sounds like a visual positive-affirmation, to me… a visualisation, to guide a person to a positive mental and ultimately a physical place. Do agnostics do this through sheer will, or by other means?
_
“John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.”

Sounds like making friends, not enemies, so doing away with feudalism and tribal warfare. Do Gnostics not agree with that, as a better way to live/to exist?
_
“Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.”

Ok, I have no idea what that means, but I don’t know the full context it was said in… I’ll look it up, and respond on it then.

This is suppose to be a thread about Gnosticism, not different faces of the Demiurge where people recite things about a pathetic weak dead crucified Jew. Thanks in advance. :sunglasses:

Ancient Romans should of burned his dead body and scattered his ashes to the four winds, their only mistake. :sunglasses:

Would of been extremely difficult to have a resurrection cult if all that was left of his remains were cremated.

_
Well I’m currently irreligious and GIA is agnostic,
and since when have you been such a stickler for on-topicness?

Here I am, before there was the fraud of Christian Gnostics there were pagan Gnostics, but in that period of time the Christians in the name of the crucified dead Jew God killed off all the pagans to where only Christian Gnostics were left because like everything else with that mental virus of a religion they absorbed it through assimilation making it their own when in fact pagan Gnostics proceeded them. Pagan Gnosticism was created as a sort of spiritual or religious resistance against the presence of an invading foreign religion known as Christianity. Subsequently the disease of Christianity swept all over ancient Europe and the rest is history as they say. I can’t stress enough how much I hate and despise Christianity, entering a Christian church I literally fall out into spontaneous human combustion. :sunglasses:

[b]Pagan interpretation: Jesus, Allah, and Yahweh are indeed all the same singular figure that is Yaldabaoth[Demiurge].

Jesus is the son of Yaldabaoth, whoopty fucking du. The old testament is shit and so is the new one.[/b]

Christian Gnostics: “But we worship the bastard son, not the father!” :sunglasses:

gnosticismexplained.org/the-gnostic-demiurge/

I don’t think that is the main belief through Gnosticism that the god itself is evil. It’s the duality that descended from this unknowable god that creates such ‘evil’ by ignorance existing. Reality and the universe is inherently selfish and ignorant which leads to evil, doesn’t mean the god of singularity itself is, the singularity transcends the concept of good and evil, it is outside of reality and our experience of duality.

The Christian god is wisdom, and I can break that down if needed or explain how it was meant to be translated or understood, it’s like a riddle, the god is all powerful, all knowing and all good. Wisdom itself meets all of which sum up that criteria or description. It’s a metaphorical riddle, not a literal depiction of a flawed god. There is no flaw outside the demiurge, this is why it is unknowable to us, wisdom is an infinite, not an absolute. Reality is absolute, with an infinite force running through, in and with reality. A transcendental force (the unknowable god that cannot be perceived/conceived fully).

Once again, the pagan Gnostic interpretation is that the God who has taken over the world through his three accursed religions from the Dead Sea is malevolent and evil, the God of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. Before those three religions came onto the scene there were natural pagan gods that were good dwelling from the realm of primordial nature, it was only until the Abrahamic God came onto the scene with his rampant materialism being the craftsman God did the world become taken over by malevolent evil.

This is my pagan spiritual revisionism inserted into the Gnostic subject of course. :sunglasses:

Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are purely religions of the Demiurge with their malevolent God.

There is nothing good whatsoever concerning the religions of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, they’re all abominations. They’re religions of fools, psychopaths, and hypocrites.

Just because people don’t understand it doesn’t mean it is the religions fault itself. People twisted in with their own perceptions and edit it. The very basic idea was to follow wisdom and expanding consciousness. Not to be interpreted literally.

It is esoteric. You have to look within, not without.

That last means Yahweh gives up power to judge to the son at his right hand. A good thing if they had not made Jesus as genocidal as dad.

That guy, if you can recognize him is you. You end in claiming your sovereignty. In DNA terms, you affirm your fitness. In spiritual terms, you have evolved and graduated.

Regards
DL

In fantasies, the icon maters not.

What question on Gnosticism do you have in mind?

Regards
DL

Thanks for this.

You are correct in that Gnostic Christians understand both the literalist Jewish and Christian reading of myths.

Generally, as that is all that can be said of such a fractured religion.

We are not literal readers of myths and hold no supernatural beliefs.

Nature is all that is needed to explain reality. In fact, Mother Nature makes a fool of Yahweh as she creates for the best possible end while Yahweh does not. Yahweh is genocidal while Mother Nature is not.

As a side note, please do not insult Gnostic Christians by saying we worship anything.

We are perpetual seekers and not idolaters like the mainstream religions.

Regards
DL

Sure, that’s why you call yourself a Christian, a follower of Christ. :sunglasses:

The Gnosticism I have in mind is a natural reversion back to paganism and the old gods of this earth, to this I’ve been quite clear.

Where nature was celebrated over the materialism of mankind and where humanity’s natural behavior was understood instead of being regulated, forbidden, taboo, or chastised.

Christians, when they weren’t killing pagans or nonbelievers they often enough have killed each other over a dead Jewish God long dead. How exactly can one misinterpret Christianity especially if one is a biblical literalist? The words or voice of God are quite clear, are they not? :sunglasses:

Aren’t you suppose to be a Satanist? Another group of imbeciles that don’t understand the history or meaning behind Saturnus. Truly a tragedy and a comedy.

It’s clear you worship Christ and that is all I need to know of your fraud. :sunglasses:

Don’t invoke mother nature with your Semitic demon of a God, it insults her and your religion has raped this earth that brings you shame in mentioning her at all. On a side note, mother earth while being female is nothing without the male aspect, but that is a different conversation altogether. [The earth being both male and female having both aspects.]

I looked within, then started to want to look without, and so I did… as it was all about what everything meant to us, in relation to all else and our place in it.

Well I nearly failed in that endeavour, because I told our Deacon that I didn’t think god existed #-o I then retracted my claim, so that I could sit on the right hand side of Our Father in Heaven. After which, the Confirmed were free to choose their path and wider sect, of which I chose spirituality over religiosity, which was kindly accepted by all. :smiley:

It’s definitely an evolution, and a continual moving-forward… as those that wear laurels don’t rest on em…

Me? A satanist! Hahaha, I’ve never been a satanist. What’s that have to do with anything? That’s ad hominem actually, doesn’t that mean you’ve lost?

Pagan gods, all of the pagan gods are simply man externalizing their own inner psyche, which adds up to the monotheistic description of the Christian god (when spiritual people caught on to the fact that the deity is wisdom itself and a transcendental function of consciousness and reality), people who act off of a misunderstanding of the Bible and religions, does not mean the original intent of the religion or Bible is based on their act.

Dude, you’re sporting a Baphomet in your avatar with an inverted pentagram. Yeah, I’m not a monotheist so…

Yes, baphomet is not Satan. Satan is just metaphor for man’s ignorance, instinct, animal side. If not to do with Saturn as Lucifer is to Venus. Baphomet is a deity and symbol of duality/balance. It is modern Thoth, since it is pan, hermes’(Thoth) son. If you look up satanism and their church, they changed the symbol to having no breasts, baphomet has breasts to depict feminine as well as phallus to depict masculine. To remove one is to upset the symbols nature and representation of duality, which means it would no longer be Baphomet. I also have a meaning for the inverted pentagram. The points to the side of it represent elements, the top or bottom point depicts spirit, when flipped and point is down, spirit is at the bottom, it represents man’s consciousness/spirit evolving through the use of the elements, a symbiotic relationship, normal pentagram the spirit is on top, through its use of the elements it triumphs over and rules elements now, in reality we have survived and use them constantly.