New ILP Banner In The Works!

I had been doing some work on an alternate thread, but lately I have been neglecting my progress for other self-interests. One of the main reasons for this was due to a lack of creative motivation (sort of like ā€œwriterā€™s blockā€ for artistry) to fuel what will eventually be an animated version (much like my current sig banner, only with ILP). The last revision posted on the mentioned thread is the image below:

I believe I can account to a renewal of creative motivation if I had some kind of feedback on how this artwork would be implemented; not to mention, why it hasnā€™t already and if it ever will be. Anotherwords, my motivation to complete a project is proportionate to the siteā€™s willingness to use the finished artwork.

I have recently noticed the alternate skins for ILP and personally do not see a problem of how the finished products would fit with any three of them. (Thank you Daybreak for bringing this to my attention!!!) I am also curious why the Dark Sky skin has not been edited to say I Love Philosophy and not Dark Sky.

sagesound, for some reason, I would vote for the above banner you designed to replace the old one. Except maybe I would suggest a differet enscription instead of ā€œILPā€.

Let me start off explaining fully then derive my suggested enscription later on.

I see there is no issue over ethos raised in coming up with new banners. Maybe if ethos should be abolished on the profound level, it should be emphasised on the superfacial level. People feel nervous and weary without ethos, so let us flag up something that will make this harmless nevertheless effective compliment. Sometimes we have to tolerate a certain vice in order for a certain virtue to work out. ā€œA little vanity is good.ā€ Insofar as morality stays superfacial, it must be propagandised superfacially. Otherwise we have nihilism and general existential chaos for the philosophers, pathological multations for the plummers, et cetera.

Now, let us ask, What is the Ethos of our ILP discussion forums?

BBC decided to label the impression that the title ILP gives out as trashy. This is where we are at a difficult cross road: should we make the banner trashy in accordance with the title in order to declare an anti academic ethos, a free intellectual environment, an everyman symposium? Alternatively, should we make the banner so posh so that Mrs Beckham will feel compelled to join us when she is bored looking after Romeo at Beckingham palace? A posh banner is not altogether in full concordance with a trashy title, but is the banner is really posh, the title will be posh too, polished posh. Perhaps we could use an enscription like this

Philosophy I love, therefore philosopher I am.

Vola. With this explainatory subtitle artistically incorporated on the banner, among the philosophical heads, we reach an ethos that lies beyond trash and even posh. We achieve encompassion. There is something personable about us, yet something reverent, something easy going about us, yet something composed. It is clever yet with grace, passionate yet wise.

Whatever man, just make sure that handsome Nietzsche head is not swapped place with that deplorable torso sqeezed against the right side.

While I would whole-heartedly support your suggested inscription, it still remains something that would be seen on an ad banner: mainly for the reason of space. This banner Iā€™ve been working on could be animated to accomodate such a long line of text; however, some have suggested a non-animated banner would be more suitable for ideal uploading times. While I agree, I do not believe we should not limit ourselves or this site to simple mediums of media. Of course, why bother have the letters ā€œILPā€ in the first place when it clearly says ILovePhilosophy.com Discussion Forum right next to the banner?

Soā€¦ ideallyā€¦ an animated banner would do just nicely and with that I would be able to implement your suggested inscription fading from black to white lettering of the first part; ā€œPhilosophy I love,ā€ fading out to black then back in with white lettering of the second; ā€œergo philosopher I am!ā€ [size=75](Yeah, I changed that up a little.)[/size]

There is a reason Fritz is larger than anyone elseā€¦ and under the circumstances I might find it in my better judgement to make him even larger should the opportunity to bump someone off the banner present itself. Unto this, I would find myself dead if I put him before the likes of Derrida. Speaking of whom, I have been wrestling with wether or not he should remain in the banner. I have Marxā€¦ would it not be prudent to equally include Smith? [size=75](Marx could agree to that, being so mindful of equality.)[/size]

Disciple of misogyny is more correct. Women tend to be ā€¦ now let me think more pragmatic, nope, not all. More philisophical, no not all. More into sports, I think not.

Hey all, let us play the hasty generalization fallacy game with the Disciple of lack of enlightenment.

GROWL :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Women were not allowed much for many years:

wsu.edu/~dee/ENLIGHT/WOMEN.HTM

If the ā€˜BBC decided to label the impression that the title ILP gives out as trashyā€™ then we should have a logo something like this :evilfun: ā€¦

You know, I think Sage is doing a terrific job, and deserves all our thanks for making this a better place, in whatever way. BUTā€¦

Wittgy never looked better, Pax. I think you have really captured him.

Sage, I compliment you for your art work. I admire your talent. That said I suggest that rather than celebrate a few of the dead white guys who even with each others ā€˜helpā€™ failed to turn it on, you use your talent to design a dynamic banner with a theme that conveys the continuing search for the ā€˜lightā€™.

Uniqor,

Nice.

DEB

Forget the light. Those days are over. The banner though is shockingly missing a portrait of Alfred E. Neuman.

Here is a splendid reproduction of the iluustrious Mr. Neuman that could be used as a model.

leconcombre.com/alfred/img2/ ā€¦ uman_1.jpg

SIATD and ben have approvedā€¦ but what do the people think? I made this as an ad banner, with respective lesser sizes in my possession, but Iā€™m unsure if this would be befitting of a site banner. Opinionsā€¦ comments?

sweet!

I like it!

-Imp

very nice. :slight_smile:

Looks good Sage.

A

I thank you all for your compliments, but I at the moment I am suffering from a lack of appreciation for them as I am having a problem right now finding the meaning in the art I have given to ILP.

I hope I can regain faith in myself. Itā€™s times like this when I wish I could feel something beyond the writings of dead analysts.

Dude - shutthefuckup! That rocks! I never even would have thought of that. It suffers from the single flaw that it might be too sexy for this site.

But sometimes you have to lead.

You know?

That totally rocks, though.

I have found within my renewed and revaluated faith that at least itā€™s not what you create in life, but who you share it with. My contentment and pleasure regarding my own work is but a reflection of the compliments to which it has warranted.

I donā€™t think this site can have too much sex appealā€¦ even so, the implementation of this new banner would be one hell of a cosmetic surgery makeover. ILP needs to get sexierā€¦ perhaps some liposuction is in order?

Okay, then - now youā€™re talking. Lead onā€¦

Making ILP Sexierā€¦

[size=150]BEFORE[/size]

[size=150]AFTER[/size]

Der Ubermensch is here!

:laughing: Nietzcheā€™s abs need some work.