Come Back!

An illustration of your partiality in regards to your perception of me.

You said, ‘Get over yourself’, in response to me asking questions.

You implied that it’s a fact that my efforts here are a product of ego. You didn’t display any signs of trying to verify if this was the case, by communicating with me respectfully, you went straight to disrespecting me for a fault you projected on me.

This is not objective, and your surprise my reaction of your partiality, is indication of your ignorance in regard to this matter, in combination with your first statement in this post - ‘I’m objective’

There’s a difference between being solely responsible, and influencing the result.

I don’t ask whether I’m solely responsible, I ask whether I influenced the result.

I’m asking myself, if I did influence Abstract, was a positive or negative influence.

I want to learn from the past, to make sure I do right in the present and future.

And you criticize me in my efforts to do so.

Privilege, Arrogance, Luck & Accountability

====

As for Satyr,

An example of Satyr and his friends

=====

James, amongst others, prompted me to return to this site.

There’s a difference between not explicitly justifying one’s claims, and not implicitly justifying one’s claims. OR not being able to justify one’s claims.

Through my experience of James, he often offers his conclusion or resolution to an issue in a very concise manner, then leaves.

I interpret this to be, he offers an answer, but you must partake in the understanding of it. Either by discovering the train of thought that lead to the conclusion, or by asking questions and hoping he invests the time to respond.

I believe one reason he doesn’t take the time to defend a position, is because it is far more resource intensive than only offering the answer. The power of knowledge, is it allows us to conserve energy.

Another: If one participates actively in the understanding and comprehension of a theory, it will be internalized more effectively than if it were spoon fed. Spoon feeding may lead to reliance. Short term, this may be relevant, but not long term - people ought be allowed the capacity to resolve their own adversity. Spoon feeding restricts that.

Another: In order to understand the offerings of James, you must invest energy. If you have sincere intent, this wont be a problem. If you only want to project, then James will prove frustrating for you because you’ve little room to attack him, without first investing the time to understand what he wrote.

It’s a very efficient.

I don’t mean to undermine James’ objective with this post, rather, encourage people to give him a chance.

====

(In defense, I generally avoid reading the Science (I’ve no qualification) /Religion (Not relevant to me, atm) sections of this forum, so I wont comment of his efforts in them - I say his psychology, general philosophy, and social beliefs are what I’ll often consider)

ROFL

I really wish that Joker, Tyrannus, and James L Walker would come back on ILP.

Oh, wait a second…

I have engaged with Satyr in other forums. IMHO, he is too full of himself to see anyone else’s POV.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnfSoaJxe3Y[/youtube]

I can’t believe no one mentioned detrop.

Still in prison I believe. I look forward to his release.

I miss Typist and also a bit worried about him. His sense of humor was simply great.

with love,
sanjay

Thomas Hobbes. Whatever happened to that guy?

Others that I have liked over the years were EyesInTheDark and Aidan.

Eyesinthedark changed his screen name to Antithesis.

with love,
sanjay

Has he now? :slight_smile:

With animosity,

Tyler Durden

i wish trevor would come back. other than that Dunamis and Xunzian were great.

hardly anyone’s left at ilp from that far back. he was smart and amusing, if somewhat whacked.

I would have but then you just did.

I can’t believe no one mentioned Impenitent.

Also liquidangel.

Yeah what happened to Imp anyway?

I dunno. But tentative should come back too.

What about WW3? He recently published a book i understand. It would be nice to hear how it’s going with him.

What you guys should be really saying is how you are all excited and deeply moved that I came back.

Everybody is speechless I know.

Not really. I for one i am glad Your back, but was for a long time unaware of the fact, that You have actually been here before.

See you guys! Somebody really did miss me after all. It’s good to always feel wanted.

And i know that You really mean that! (No kid)