Religion is a lie ridden waste of time.

Donations from the members, construction of churches/temples, time spent reflecting, meditating, praying and reaching – oriented with the teaching – is a lot of time, energy and resources going to waste.

People should spend all of this time and energy on each other instead of wasting it all on their invisible friend.

Xians:
Scape goating is not justice! First off – Adam & Eve are to blame for ‘imperfection’, then Satan is causing all kinds of evil [actually it was people who were responsable for their actions], and thirdly Jesus suddenly has to die and take our ‘sins’ upon himself [not like that makes any sense or is physically possible], and some Xians blame God for absolutely everything that happens [from personal action all the way down to random chance], they blame God for the existance of all life on earth+the existance of reality itself [which is a big bunch of pin-the-tale-on-the-donkey BS], and to top it all off – they cannot give solid proof for the ‘perfect, holy’ “reasoning” behind all of this crap.

Blamimg God, Satan, Imperfection, these are all a quick fix and not true understanding OR a solution. They are useless rationalizations that do not remedy the problem.

What a waste of time.

Dan,

I am not religious, not am I here to justify the stupidity of religious zealots, but don’t you think every person can decide what is good and bad for its life, that is, who are you to judge other people’s choices?

Do you want to talk with me about fanaticism, ignorance, misery, idiocy? If we could be free from such things just by abandoning religion, then things would be just fine.

[Open] thy mind.

Go Dan

Although religion is more than a way of screwing things up, some people need to be guided by religion in order not to be scum.

Dan, don’t forget that the idea of a perfect being from all points of view, no matter what you call it, is inherent to human rationality. It just so happens that a lot of people choose to use its for the same purposes… I don’t see any rason for you to be a fuddy-duddy in all this…

Not to nitpick . . . but shouldn’t it be Xrians, for Chi rho? Chi alone doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Religion is mostly for the common people. It helps them in realizing what you already have, that you dont really need it in order to understand reality better.

Chi Rho a the first two letter of the Greek word christ (chi rho iota sigma tau). The Chi Ro (XP) was a symbol of Christ. Saying Xians (or Xmas) is just shortening the abbreviation to the first letter.

There are many people who are absurdly intelligent and are religious .

Pascal, Newton, Pasteur, Galileo, all of them were devout Christians.

Nothing prevents an intelligent man from being religious.

Not all men like to think that their lives are gratuitous, vain and meaningless,like materialists think.

The truth hurts [sometimes].
It’s a classic case of pleasurable falsehood vs the let down of facts.

Why would a Xian or an Islamic ‘believer’ feel that life is not meaningless? The invisioned ‘salvation’ that the religion promises is none-other-then a solution to human suffering/mortality.

Some day, once the technology finally exists, we can obtain salvation through rebuilding/impriving our physical bodies in a better way (Instead of keeping the really ****** body made in ‘God’s image’). Xians and Islamz don’t believe in scientific, real solutions; They believe that God is the only one that can bring ‘eternal life’ (even though it’s God’s damned fault that we even age/have deseases in the first place!). Civilization has a long way to travel antil it reaches a ‘paradise’ like state [technologically and biologically] but they are at least trying. Life is way easier now then it was 200 years ago. Some people believe that the bible times were best and life keeps on getting worse and worse as we get ‘farther from God’ [farther from the dark ages of false knowlage].

Who are to judge my choices!? I’m going to hell now? And how about when they brainwash their own kids to believe in bullshit? They are judging the entire universe! Was it so bad that I point out that they are lieing to the masses? Is insanity really okay?

Fabiano wrote:

I agree with you entirely. Im damn near a genius and Im religious. But the point here is that religion is aimed at the common people. At least Christianity, for the hopes of getting them to lead a meaningful controlled life. It takes reality and puts it in the form of laws etc. The thing is, Christianity has, as have a lot of religions, been taken over by people who want control. This is why Christianity is structured as it is. Jesus taught more in a mystical manner than is alluded to in the Bible, but those in charge have taken out key texts and teachings as a method of control. So thats why there is usually a level certain individuals get to(for instance Dan~) where they reject religion, because they can see past these means of control, though they may not be aware thats why they feel as they do, and see the inconsistencies and realize something deeper. The masses are fooled into following a religion that has been structured for control. Few rise above it, and look deeper. I can testify, for I saw past it, and looked deeper. But now I have come back to Christianity, more so as a Sufi, I study all religions for truth and what not, but since I have a foundation in Christianity and its the main religion in the U.S., I worship at a Christian church. God and truth is everywhere.

I’ve played with you people for long enough. It’s time to reveal the truth!

The goal of the illuminati is to render all intelligent life as a willing host for demonic life/energy parasites.

Our only [spiritual] hope is to [realize the existence of, and then] disown all supernatural, spirit ‘life’ on earth! Disown all occult and religion!

illativemindindeed, your “passed lives” are actually the memories and experience of the previos bodies that the demons usedto occupy! Intelligent life is the host, and spirits are parasites.

Burn churches and thrift stores! Abolish occult and it’s roots from the media. Ban religious lies and replace it all with truth and fact.

Edit: more:

There are two paths to infection.

1# - Ignorant submission [the host does not believe that he or she is infected].
2# - Willful curruption [through ‘false religion’, occult, psycic connection, etc].

Like it or not, demonic life forms are a wide spread infection on earth.

Get out while you still can. “The truth shall set you free”.

Burn 'em all!

John, chapter 8, verses 44, 45 - (NWT)
“You are from YOUR father. The one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, the speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie]. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell the turth, YOU do not believe me.”
^
Manslayer hey? The Crusades marked the beginning of Satans full control of the entire Church/bible.

“Young earth” ‘creation’ and the chronology of the flood are just a few examples of claims that were scientifically proven to be lies.
And you all know who “the father of the lie” is!
Get out while you still can.

Quite true. These were all before Darwin. Before Darwin the only intelligent way to think how we came into the world was religion, not any longer though. Like Dan says the truth hurts. We people are by no way special. Just image how big the universe is, how many planets, stars etc… We are not important by any means. Hence we are not God’s special people. God exists in our minds only.

About people wasting money on religion, Dan has forgot to mention the money spent by religious lobby groups around the world promoting their own agenda and how we all should live. They try to tell us how to live, isn’t it our responsibilty to stand up for ourselves?

PS: I am new to philosophy and this board and I would like to say that Dan should keep up the good work for truth.

Thanks, and welcome to ILP.

People get emotional about arguments sometimes and have attitudes; so don’t let it bother or discourage you if you find it happening here.

After reading and learning alot about religions and occult practice, my best estimate is that “spirits” are intelligent, energy based parasitic life forms.

Have you done any research about the “Illuminati”? Both public religion and hidden occult have evil plans of mass control – each by different means.

I’m going to love this, Dan.

Then you have to prove them that their faith is really a falsehood. As far as I can see, you can’t prove that.

And can you say me, please, why we will do all that? Aren’t we just trying to replace God by scientific progress, as if it were capable of giving a purpose to our existences? You pefer to believe that, maybe that’s just your cultural influences, but I really don’t see any rhyme in all this cheap talk. What’s the purpose of all that? Why is life better now? is the only purpose of our existence to perpetuaute our species forever? If so, how can you blame a man who chooses to believe in religion, spirituality, things like that? What in the hell can you offer them so that they could forget their faith?

I’m not judging you, Dan. You are judging other people. You are refering to religious people as shit just because they don’t see the world as you do. You are justifying brainwashing, you are justifying prejudice and hate, not me. Do you want to talk about brainwashing? American soldiers are brainwashed. voters of all world are brainwashed by political propaganda, consumers of all world are brainwashed by consumerist propaganda…When we talk about brainwahsing, we aren’t talking about religious zealots only…

Pasteur was a contemporary of Darwin. And the man himself wasn’t absolutely convinced of the inexistence of god. Darwin was an agnostic.

I agree that we are by no means special. I just want you to justify the so-called importance of science, technology and progress, then. Do these things serve only to help us to perpetuate our insignificance?

Ha, I love the “can’t we stand up for ourselves” thing. If it weren’t a bit naïve, I could even agree with you.

Open your eyes, man, where do you see people here who can stand up by themselves? The only thing we can observe here, everywhere here, is a tentative of justifying all sorts of slavery. Slavery to religion, to science and scientifical truths, to progress, to power, to so-called authority, to hedonism, to consumerism, to materialism…

slaves and apologizers of slavery.

Stand up by ourselves? Don’t you think that’s too much to ask? Aren’t we just insignificant beings?

Everybody here wants to know what the hell truth is. But since everybody also wants to impose their perspetives on all the others, we have a long way to go.

welcome.

I learn something new every day :slight_smile: From where you got this information?

For example our life style ( in the west ) has improved within the last 200 years due to science ( it could happen in the east, except we have an unfair economic system ). Science could give more free time too ( if the economic system changes ) This would free us up to enjoy life more. In the future our Sun will explode/die if we don’t get off this planet, we too will perish. So we must develop rockets etc… Without science we would still be scared that a solar eclipse will bring famine and diease etc… We are more aware of who we are and the universe we live in. This is a good thing, right?

"Do these things serve only to help us to perpetuate our insignificance? "
Yes. Is this a negative attribute?

Good point, I will need to think about that one.

Read one of his thousand biographies.

What I want to know is the purpose of all that, Free Thinker. Can you teach me to see it?

Do that.

Read one of his thousand biographies.

What I want to know is the purpose of all that, Free Thinker. Can you teach me to see it?

Do that.

Religion is an absolute moral slavery*,“do what we say” no arguing, they just are right because they have their BOOK. See the difference, even the worst of other systems (slavery to authority and power) force you to do something,they may not be right but sod it do what they say, religion states any other truth is impossible and will not bow down to proof and reason (sometimes).

Science is an objective system, you don’t have to believe but you can be proved wrong. There is no forcing.

*I only talk about the worst religion here, it can be a structure for good (Even if it is for the wrong reasons); and accept reason.

strange-loops.com/athdisprovinggod.html

&

Anti-salvation:

Do you believe in salvation?
Do you ‘donate’ to your organization? Do you pray allot? Do you become a slave of God? A servant? You put God’s will above your own? You give your time and energy to your faith?

It’s quite the deal that these believers have going on with God, you see, the deal is that if you serve God faithfuly on earth – you get to have your soul saved and go to heaven once you die.

The problem is, once your dead, you can’t come back and say:
“You lied to me! My whole life was a lie! There is no afterlife!”
Because you will be long dead, lost and gone forever. No salvation, no heaven, no soul!

Good bye!

Lies are fun. Enjoy religion.

Billions of lies – spoken without a hint of guilt – all in the name of religion, and I have no right to protest? I should respect it?

When?

I am anti-nationalist, anti-consumerism also. I am against all propaganda because of the greedy people behind it that want to exploit the masses.

You’re not dead right now; that is your justification. Instead of praying to God for healing, or wanting to die because of it being a release into heaven, medical science has worked hard to cure deseases and save lives. Sanitation has made a big difference in life & practice.

If you want to call yourself insignificant, then that is your choice, but it is merely an opinion; only the living can even bother having an opinion, so they best be appreshiative if they want to be more happy about it all.

• Truth and logic are absolute. (1 + 1 = 2); (2 + 3 = 5); Addition produces a logically perfect & predictable outcome. The same addition is done within the minds of intelligent beings. When a person learns many facts and seeks truth [for the sake of self and species] then each fact adds up to the [eventually complete and true] opinion – that is true reason able. ‘People’ who claim that there is no truth – are actually simply expressing their own logical ineptitude as respects vast understanding.

‘Truth’ is only fact. Fact is real and exists. Good opinion is the healthy, productive or accurate application of known fact. Fact is understood by means of experience – and then by means of relative comparison.

What is truth? Truth is fact. Truth exists. When one builds a hammer, this hammer’s possible and actual existence is truth. From here on he can strike the head of a nail or the head of his brother. The truth is a tool; it can be a weapon or means of good work.

Truth should be used to preserve, inhance and advance what is.