Can you imagine to be dead?

Amorphos,

I will reply to you tomorrow.

With love,
Sanjay

To some extent.

No. There is nothing dream type thing whatsoever about these planes. Yes, they may look somewhat different in the dreams. But, they exist in reality, just in the same way our earth exists.

Shastra-Sar means the essence of a thousand. This is the seventh plane and its common name is Crown Chakra. Essence of thousand means that there are exactly one thousand different spiritual realms are located (horizontally, not vertically) at this particular plane. Trikuti is placed just above it, and it is the controller plane. All realms located up to 7th are governed from here, though they all have their local incharges too. Trikuti is the abode of Kal/Niranjan, which is called Satan in Abrahamic religions.

Let me try to explain it as simple and as succinctly as i can.

There are three levels of existence; Sthool, Suksm and Karan. Different mythologies have different names for these. We may call these as physical, subtle/mental and cause/eternal for our convenience.

In the same way, cosmology has also divided into three parts, and each part has six more subsets, which may have even more further subsets. The lowest one is our realm, the human or physical realm. It goes up to 6th plane, which is commonly known as Third Eye Chakra. Next six are Subtle/mental chakras, which go upto 12th one. All these 12 planes are open to annihilation, but the last realm, Cause or Eternal realm, never annihilates. It was forever and will be so too.

The human existence has also three layers, which correspond to three level of existences. Human body corresponds to physical realm, human soul corresponds to subtle realm, and consciousness corresponds to eternal realm. But, all these planes and realms are as real as our one. The subtle realm is as real for the soul as our world is for us. Souls take birth and dies there just as we humans do here. The same for the consciousness and eternal realm too, though consciousness neither takes birth not dies. For the consciousness, it is just a matter of reaching there and leaving from there. The problem is that human mind cannot tap other two higher realms directly. It is forbidden for a purpose. But, these can be accessed both in dreams (though, not exactly as they are) and via meditation too.

You have not heard much about those realms because it is not a common knowledge. Either people do not have any such experiences or they are unable to understand, even if they have it. Secondly, generally people do not get the experiences beyond 8th realm, though it is not impossible either.

You can ask anything further if you want. I cannot call myself an expert, but still i can give a broad idea about the basics.

with love,
sanjay

zinnat, can these different realms correspond to differing realms,
or corresponding universes, in the Western sense?

I am not sure what exactly you are asking, but it looks to me that perhaps you are asking about their interactions with each other.

If that is your intention, then yes, it happens.

with love,
sanjay

But what’s the situation there in that imagining? Wouldn’t it also depend on what one believes or if one has no belief system?

Gone to heaven hell purgatory or limbo lol (even each of those places might conjure up different separate kind of imaginings)

might be different imagining than …

Just rotting away in a grave somewhere with no eternal life?

And one if one has chosen to be cremated and their ashes thrown into the sea. That might be a different imagining… let’s say if there is no consciousness after life.

I’m not so sure that we can even begin to imagine being dead. We might come a bit close at moments when we have felt that we’ve almost stared into the abyss, when we’ve been at our most pessimistic, worse, tragic, chaotic existenial moments, when we feel there is nothing left to live more.

Then again, perhaps the best way to imagine being dead is when our lives have been the most optimal, when we’ve felt the happiest, the most joyful, the most free. Perhaps it might be easier to imagine what it feels like to be dead when we are feeling the most alive.

We imagined going to the moon and those imaginings brought us there.
We don’t have to imagine being dead in order to get there.
We might though imagine what it feels like to be free, to feel free - and eventually we might get there.

Yes, I know, I’ve said absolutely nothing here. These are just my musings. :laughing:
We can write a scenario but would it be real or fiction?

Hi Kristy,

I still grieve intermittently for my cat, Georgie, especially at times when Yoda misbehaves.

I think Arminius is talking about You being the companion, being Death, the dead one - where there is no companion only you, the dead one, only me, the dead one. :laughing:

Did you mean to say that Life is the end of the carnival ride?
Maybe death is when the computer or the picture freezes. No movement.

But what IS it that it IS? :mrgreen: THAT is the question.
Is death, are we dead, nothing more than what we don’t see with our eyes?
I mean, is death just a blending in with all else which our brains are not yet able to see but which is still there? Perfect solidarity without being solid. :mrgreen:

Ah, it truly is a fascinating subject, death.

zinnat

I had considered it so that dream like experiences are majoritively experiences of mental qualia, ergo, a world with no physics would be similar. I take it that is not so, and these realms have another reality similar to physics but not that ~ or something which gives the mental qualia aggregate? my experience of it, then tells me the other realms are mostly mental/spiritual, in that ones thoughts are communicated as if with no barrier. in this world however, physicality is between us and mental qualia are transferred indirectly via physical information.

Can we say these realms are equivalent to the Egyptian ‘underworld’ and elysian fields? I know they are different systems, but they both derive from the same initial proto-indo-european culture and religions.

Interesting to know why the crown is Satan? The ancients would have placed a god in such a position e.g. Osiris is lord of the underworld. But i am not a Christian so perhaps that only serves as a distraction.

Ok.

So we have transient realms, and an eternal intransient realm, ok. That’s pretty much how i see it at base. I don’t know how cause can also be eternal when it is the fundament of duality? I guess that will always be a mystery, though i’m not going to stop seeking an answer.

That’s very kind of you.

My metaphysics have resulted in a similar result, consciousness is awareness acting by behaviours, consciousness is at root eternal, eternity is the greater reality. Mental qualia are as real as physics, eternity contains both [giving both equal reality].

_

I think that what they meant is that if you dream of dying, you can’t physically die because of it.
But it’s possible I suppose that if someone who has a bad heart dreams of dying it can be such a shock to them that it might cause them to die.

Whatever you saw as a result of dying in this dream was made from the material of your beliefs and probably from works of fiction - books movies, et cetera, impressed on your mind unconsciously. Even the white light from a bit of scientific knowledge.
The so-called tunnel and white light has to do with whatever happens within the brain and the body as someone is dying.

It’s so much more scientific, neurological, et cetera than it is metaphysical. And even understanding, knowing the reasons behind it can be so much more interesting and fascinating than imagining anything supernatural is happening. But that’s just one perspective.

science.howstuffworks.com/scienc … rience.htm

Arc

Sometimes people see and experience things that aren’t that, and they find that others have seen the same things. I do think those things affect you the person, but they necessarily don’t affect that which is non-causal. These things just as mental qualia are equally as real as the physics, when you hear music from your stereo you don’t say that it is not real, but qualia from your brain/consciousness are unreal?

Philosophically, when something is observably corroborative, that forms a basis for a third party being present at least.

Remember that we think like you do too and I wouldn’t want to lie to myself. The metaphysics backs the whole thing up anyhow, and i’d have to be considering the whole thing as attaining information from a metaphysical third party one way or the other.

There is another take on the image of death, that the image of date corresponds to the lack ,not the loss of consciousness.

Consciousness as we imagine it, cannot define it,
subsisting , something inside our bodies, while we are living.

But, suppose, that consciousness is never inside, but outside of our bodies,and we use our brains like receptors, to tune into what has been variously described as ‘Cosmic Consciousness’. When we ‘tune
in’ we do on the basis of receptors, using various filters, where these filters remove the ‘noise’ of irrelevant, or unwanted information. If we hold this
model up , we can die qua consciousness, as
prophets of old have suggested, by the way of eternal life. The enlightenment ,or the Nirvana they talk about, is getting rid of,all filters, and practically
letting our minds be overwhelmed by all incoming
data. That seers have warned initiates of the tremendous danger of doing this, of the real danger of our mids not being able to withstand the onslaught
of the irrational.However, this is the eternal life they
talk about, and very few can honestly attain it, in their lifetime.

Visualizing ones’ own death is part of it, and using this knowledge, helps to alleviate the dread, and the doubt which surrounds this notion.

The very first question which has to be asked by an initiate, is, whether they would be able to relinquish
another incarnation. Never ever to live again. I
think that once this threshold is reached, a former grasp can be gotten as to visualizing rather then forming a mere re-presentation of death.

Orbie

Indeed. When we are ill or unconscious, less or no info is getting through. Dying is possibly an instance of no info [disconnection] followed by a connection to the eternal and all-info. As our minds cannot take this all in, there would be a process betwixt nothing and everything, one which begins with a simplification e.g. A tunnel leading into orb realms.

This is a thing of desire, but the philosophical inquiry should also ask; by what are we individualised to begin with ~ what are the mechanisms of it all? What is eternity?
As there can be no first cause, then it is reasonable to attest that eternity has or is eternal cause.

So shouldn’t we be saying that as this is the foundation, it would also be the foundation of you as an individual? Within the context of eternal + causal, is ‘distinction’ as a metaphysical component to that duality.

On the other hand, when a brain/body is born, that may be the thing which individualises?

_

The dream of my death was not populated with religions or philosophies. It was consciousness gone blank (WHITE). I can and do interpret that as my absorption into the infinite. It may not be so. It might just have been the portals of nothingness. I once had a friend who declared that there were “poof” people–persons simply erased from existence in any form.

Athe all or nothing model may be deceptive. The no the nothing may actually consist of the summation of all of the ‘some things’ ,becoming a Being,rather

Then mere nothing s. If this is the case then its no longer Being And Nothingness but being and Being, with an underlying necessity of causation and a first Cause.

Irrelus: the white light of the after death phenomena ay adhere to the principle of color mixing .White is the mixing of all colours, It signifies entrance into the totality of every conceivable realmwhere no specific color can be filtered out all the finest nuances of reality cam no longer be represented by an image conceptually, because all formal boundaries habe broken down .

Amorphos: Then mere nothing s. If this is the case then its no longer Being And Nothingness but being and Being, with an underlying necessity of causation and a first Cause.

Irrelus: the white light of the after death phenomena ay adhere to the principle of color mixing .White is the mixing of all colours, It signifies entrance into the totality of every conceivable realmwhere no specific color can be filtered out all the finest nuances of reality cam no longer be represented by an image conceptually, because all formal boundaries habe broken down .
[/quote]

Amorphos:"]the all or nothing model may be deceptive. The no -nothing may actually consist of the summation of all of the ‘some things’ ,becoming a Being,rather
[/quote]

[quote=“Orbie”]
Amorphos:"]the all or nothing model may be deceptive. The no -nothing may actually consist of the summation of all of the ‘some things’ ,becoming a Being,rather then being specific things.

I regret technical difficulties have caused the necessary repeats in correction.

Orbie

So we are denied divinity? We cannot become part of the all? This would refute your supposition that our individuality lies outside?

Here is where it becomes tricky.A reduction occurs where thos can only be described (represented )as a metaphor. The Ying Yang representation is closest to Irrealus’ (interpretation).

That part of our will places is into the representation , where the image of All inclusiveness becomes manifest

That manifestation shows our intent to become part of thay Being . Minus that yang of applied force the pure will has no object (s) to attach

None attachment pre supposes being as an existent, into which we are thrown into. The will to overcp me