Intent

Ah, I see what you are doing trying to steer this into Buddhism but let’s stick with my example of Christianity since I’m not enlightened on Buddhism. Christian’s use peace and not joy for a reason; need/suffering still exists while we feel joy, but when we feel peace, need/suffering does not exist. Hence, peace is the most elevated feeling that we can comprehend while still attached to our physical bodies. I agree, it is also a state which is why I was shocked when I OBE’d to peace, literally a place, a dimension, as well. Christians also use enraptured which I am not sure about in relation to joy and peace. I can’t speak to being completely disembodied yet so soul covers my spirit as well.

I’m very selective when it comes to people’s bubbles of belief - some should be brought into the sunlight and burst - others not. O:)

Aw, so sweet. :romance-kisscheek:

[Edited for the millionth time: This moment of joy will be recorded in my Joy journal. When people think enough of me to be gentle rather than attacking with their disbelief, I am overjoyed. Thank you.]

I will try to bring evidence from other sources, but much seems to be based on personal experiences. It’s like trying to convince a blind person that more exists than they can visually perceive, such as colors. I have perceived(seen) a color that you have not…yet.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjwnB4B9Cw[/youtube]
Skip to :25 where he uncovers the board behind him to discuss emotional vibes/power. Notice peace’s placement, above joy which is above love.

I’ll return with more evidence. Just remember all Christians (millions) represented in their Bible believe that peace is the highest emotion as well but they refer to it as a place which is true, a place where that is the only emotion you feel.

I looked up the word, serenity, and it means calm, peace, etc, so millions of Buddhists with their sublime serenity are speaking about peace as well.

AF55949C-01CA-4621-9E5D-41401ED86A47.jpeg
The first entry in my Joy Journal.

:laughing:
And now I have a little perk in my own joy dairy (although still just mental). :smiley:

Wendy…Wendy :-k how is that man of yours doing? Not working too hard I hope - assuming you guys are still together that is, otherwise my apologies for bringing it up.

Built-in fixed patterns of behavior - non-programmable but nonetheless connected to the rest of your being. Next up the unconscious that can be programmed. And then on top of that the conscious - the part that your awareness connects to and can give the illusion that you are in full control. That is the basic hierarchy excluding a couple of facets unseen to most people these days because of the unavoidable indoctrination that was once based on the facts and is now being poisoned by…

…bullshit…

…but yeah the good old instinct that we can pretty much prove beyond any reasonable doubt - unless you believe there are no relatively fixed patterns…

…to which I would reply - why does everything not fly apart?

Woah, no way…bullshit? Never heard of that before! :wink:
I’ll need more insight from you, please.

When we check in on each other, Joker’s told me that he is doing well on his own as am I.

Since I am not well versed in understanding instinct versus non instinctual behaviors, I am without any worthwhile response. Still wondering what you meant by simulation and man-made reality in your earlier post?

Hahaha :laughing: sometimes people make us smile for the good in what they say…

Nice Wendy, I really like how you jumped straight on that - rare these days - leaves us with people jumping on the labels instead of the substance. Keep the shysters honest, Wendy, don’t let anyone take that away from you.

Let me think about this some more and leave you with this for now: the behavior of a child touching a hot stove and never doing that again becomes fixed very quickly.

Then there is the mechanism that causes the fixedness. Underlay by what I think of as a pattern…even smart biologists think about this…perhaps more later…

As for your higher self - seems to me you are already on a pretty good path - I say to people keep your ideas complementary to all your other ideas because your ideas are the sap that binds you - protective.

Dairy? Which? Whole, 2%, 1%, fat free joy or is there an intolerance so opting for a pre-processed, alternative to joy? :evilfun:

No no. The fat doesn’t matter at all - as long as you get it from the right tit.
8-[

Personally I’m right handed – so – O:)

Hahahaha…

Damn bro…

I don’t want to think about making that a part of my signature…

:astonished:

:astonished: #-o Uh, that was not a response I was prepared for.

That wasn’t your intent? :confused:

I can tell you that cows get no Joy when you grab the wrong rudy tit. =;

sigh

Maximum integral joy over time is: hypermania. HyperMania has no morality.

Obsrvr, do me a favor someday and debate me using just the quotes of James.

You’ll see the difference.

Not finding as much evidence as I’d hoped, Obsrvr. I have the hardest time searching the internet. Google sucks. The 90s Netscape Navigator was loads better. I’ll post whatever else I find. Was trying to find a definitive psychology definition of whether or not peace is an emotion. One did say that peace is the purest form of happiness.

Raising the white flag on searching, Obsrvr.

I’d like to move beyond intent to honesty.

Am I honest with myself?

Struggling so hard with this one. Recently, a thread was started about our biggest fears. Well, if our fears are omnipresent, how do we outgrow them, all of them?

Maybe my greatest fear is being honest with myself. Why do I fear myself?

Just today I started to wonder - after almost completing James’ physics of psychology thread - “what to do about it” - exactly what is abstractly required to alter a person’s condition of attitudes - their fears and hopes. The MSM is doing it all the time - so there has to be a formula of some kind. And I’m sure instilling a fear is much easier than getting rid of it - but I’m still studying.

I have just started his “Schooling of Emma” story - an amazing story. It reveals a few practical ideas. Maybe something will pop up. In the mean time - MIJOT is the guide. :smiley:

But what did you mean by “not honest with yourself”? :-k

Speaking of peace : I have an abundance of peace.
I recently did some standard meditations today.
Instead of my own forms of meditation.
It seemed easier, but shorter.
It was good though.

My peace is like a big tree by a river.

My peace is like clouds covering the whole sky.

When you remove your attachments,
the free space left behind is naturally
filled with peace and tranquility.
Or at least, it can potentially
be filled with peace and tranquility.

Regarding self regulation, I am always maintaining (what I perceive) the middle of the road in everything I do, not too good(with what is the intent to do great things, ideal aspirations) against not too bad (with what is the intent to go hog wild without enough outward contentiousness) where my intent is purely selfish without concern for ethics or legality. As I am trying not to over or under estimate myself, I am saying that I don’t trust myself. If I honestly trusted myself, why am I always putting on the brakes?