Kant doing Hegel/Nietzsche B4 it wuz kewl ;)

Kant points out in Idea for a Universal History with a Cosmopolitan Purpose that free actions are only possible within the natural order, and that everything in nature has a function it brings to fruition through revolutions of antagonism between “actions and counter-actions” that either occur and persist randomly without reason, or are finely tuned to occur, or will eventually fall into a “hell of evils” (Kant, Idea 48). For Kant, the transcendental purpose for personkind, as distinct from the unreasoning animal kingdom, is the full development of our power of “reason, and freedom of will” (ibid 43) only possible to complete in “a society which has not only the greatest freedom, and therefore a continual antagonism among its members, but also the most precise specification and preservation of the limits of this freedom in order that it can co-exist with the freedom of others,” (ibid 45). However, we only observe the development of “the germs implanted by nature…to that degree which corresponds to nature’s original intention” (ibid) …over the course of “the history of the entire species” (ibid 41). Although this developmental process is spread out over such a long span of time, Kant’s opinion is “we can conclude with sufficient certainty that a movement of this kind does exist in reality,” and that if we “determine with certainty the shape of the whole cycle,” we can “by our own rational projects accelerate the coming of this period which will be so welcome to our descendants,” (ibid 50). The development of the whole cycle requires many smaller cycles, or revolutions, of an antagonism between “wanting to direct everything in accordance with [our] own ideas,” (ibid 44) and “co-existing with the freedom of others” (ibid 45). Without the antagonism of living in a society, our natural capacities lie dormant and undeveloped, and spoiled by unrestrained freedom, and “in isolation from others, [we] grow stunted, bent and twisted,” (ibid 46). Because we are “constructed from such warped wood…nature only requires of us that we should approximate to this idea” (ibid 47) of the greatest possible union of personkind (ibid 51).

The first antagonism (also) comes at the end of Kant’s What Is Enlightenment?: “…a lower degree of civil freedom, on the contrary, provides the mind with room for each [person] to extend [their]self to [their] full capacity. As nature has uncovered from under this hard shell the seed for which she most tenderly cares–the propensity and vocation to free thinking–this gradually works back upon the character of the people,” (Enlightenment 7). This antagonism is also found in Kant’s Idea for a Universal History with a Cosmopolitan Purpose: “A perfectly just civil constitution…is indeed the most stringent of all forms of necessity. …All the culture and art which adorn [personkind] and the finest social order [personkind] creates are fruits of [our] unsociability. For it is compelled by [our] own nature to discipline itself, and thus, by enforced art, to develop completely the germs which nature implanted,” (Idea 46).

Kant, Immanuel. Idea for a Universal History with a Cosmopolitan Purpose. (1784) KANT Political Writings, ed. Reiss, Hans, transl. Nisbet, H.B., Cambridge University Press

Kant, Immanuel. What Is Enlightenment? (1784) KANT Political Writings, ed. Reiss, Hans, transl. Nisbet, H.B., Cambridge University Press.
FBCB54D3-9FDC-4429-88C9-BEB9739B3E0E.jpeg

Mine is here:
knowthyself.forumotion.net/

Too many shitters and pissers on ILP.
Their flood every thread with their feces and urine.
Stinks.

You sound like that dude in K-PAX.

Will I have to watch the damn movie?

Anyway…no worries dear…soon I will leave you among your own, to do god’s work.

It’s a good movie. I’m about an hour in, but will have to finish the other half later.

Here are some shorts to warm you up:

1. self=other youtu.be/iXaw70X7wb4
  2. us=them youtu.be/c8xAifDsud0

:wink:

You do the math.

You don’t understand you feel, don’t ya?

If it feels good…it is true…if it feels bad, it is false.

Did you say that because Prot on K-PAX said we know right from wrong, or because:
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … 1#p2858221

MagsJ gave me permission to reply to this here from another thread:

The law describes the innate Good, who is/are not a mere trait, but the Supersubject(s). Without their being (although…not a being subject to time), Good wouldn’t correspond. In them we live, move, and have our being. Praying is not for the purpose of getting them to perform magic tricks, although with rare exceptions they will make our prayers correspond in reality in a way we know they answered us, if it is in line with the Good. Prayer is for the same purpose anyone corresponds with anyone else. Relationship. They don’t have any revenge to transcend in a certain sense: “It is finished!” (John 19:30) before it started. Nothing surprises them. Well. Jesus-in-time marveled at faith.

re: pic in OP:

free market monopolies on the right
state-run everything on the left
kingdom of ends in the middle

trickles UP

Well shit, I’ll drink to that.

The spirits are your state. Or water… which is sexier.

Nietzsche was obsessed with impotence because he was jealous of omnipotence. That’s why he used power in place of freedom.

So there is the seed of power/freedom in us, but we must allow it to germinate and grow.

But not in a way that negates the other’s freedom/power, but affirms it, and one’s own, unless they come into conflict…in which case, all things being equal, we must give the other “the right of way”… is what he prolly meant to say :wink:

You can’t be jealous of what does not exist…
You can’t be jealous of a fantasy man who is immortal.

You’ve constructed these little feminine emotional explanations to justify your beliefs. which are entirely based on emotions.

Why do you care?

After the “phobia” tactic…the “why do you even care” method…meaning “Leave me be”.

You see what you wish to see.

Projection…this is you…

I speak of things that do not serve my interests…do not flatter me…do not comfort me.
I seek the real, the objectively true…and expose lies and liars - especially self-deceivers, like you.

hm. Is that how you see me? If you ever feel exposed, it is actually just me wanting to share the ability to carry what matters when you let go of what doesn’t.

And I’m preaching to myself, because it’s not like I’ve got that down or anything.

…in near each and every thread, of others’? and not just contained within your own. You have no respect for others.

Do you want me to stay out of all threads except ones that I author? Is everyone else going to follow that rule (I don’t prefer echo chambers)?