Reading through the Supreme Court EPA case syllabus

Here is the syllabus:

supremecourt.gov/opinions/2 … 0_n758.pdf

It’s a much more complicated case than the abortion and 2nd amendment cases, largely because it scrutinizes very obscure regulations of an already obscure beaurocracy (the EPA), and an equally obscure legal back-and-forth that has been going on for a couple of years.

In essence, though, what is at stake is whether the EPA is taking on legislative functions that constitutionally belong with the US Congress.

First, the court held that the case was justiciable, which means it was still the court’s business. There were arguments that it wasn’t, because of the aforementioned convoluted history, but the court did away with all that.

Second, this:

You can’t just do whatever you want ffs. Get it through Congress, let people vote on it. Then send the US back to the stone age.

That doesn’t sound like communist weasel tactics at all.

Oh wait.

Clarence Thomas deserves an imposing marble statue bigger than Lincoln’s.

This argument does not limit the breadth of EPA’s claimed authority so much as reveal it

The problem with Clarence Thomas is that he is not only an enlightened legal scholar, but a gifted writer.

“We’re going to do a little non-invasive surgery. Don’t worry, we’ll stop right away if you lose too much blood or become permanently disfigured.”

“You what?”

Not so much limit as reveal.

But this is impossible, the left has made it clear that we are the authoritarian fascists wanting to take power from citizens. How can this be?

Cut, print, ship.

lolwut

Fuck yeah.

politico.com/news/2022/07/2 … s-00045920

You know, this article makes a point that had escaped even me.

The new left, led by the EU and the US faction that allied itself with it under Obama, or traitorpieceofshitama, has for some decades now taken the strategic approach of imposing its agenda through government agencies. These agencies take their mandates as blank checks and perform all the things that can never pass congress or a president could never get away with. It is a common communist tactic to, where you can’t get something through legally or through democratic motions, use existing infrastructure to slide it through. Or ram it through.

What this article is pointing out is that, essentially, the Supreme Court has now established a firm precedent that government agencies can be called out on this. From now on, if it can be shown that what they are trying to do is both consequential and contentious, they will have to stop and ask Congress for permission (or the president, if it is an executive thing).

We used to call this separation of powers, but communists obviously don’t care about any of that shit. Now we can sue them for it.

This case is not about pollution regulation. It is about regulatory overreach.

Long quote incoming, bear with me:

What the justices are doing here is laying out, with specific references, something we all already know but commies operate by pretending like we don’t all already know: the EPA was founded for and is tasked with avoiding pollution in the air that is bad for your health. It was not founded for or tasked with regulating the planet’s atmosphere to avoid some hypothetical future carbon-induced apocalypse. There is a difference between determining what substances are very bad for your health in the air and what can be done to reduce them, and saving the world from climactic change.

Everybody knows this intuitively. Conservatives know it and now and then are brave enough to say it, and communists know it but pretend like they don’t so that they can twist an existing legal organization into something new that they can’t get passed in Congress.

Now, the Supreme Court is brave enough to lay it on paper, and have done us the favour of pointing out the specific regulations and legislations that describe what only a profound ill intention tries to tell us is not the truth.

you against clean air?

Lol yes, that’s what it is, I am against clean air.

not sure marble would work because he’s black. maybe granite or something like that

Lincoln wasn’t marble color either.

It’s incredible how the more an anti racist warrior a person is, the more likely they are to be a rotting festering pool of racism.

Fuck it, it’s your right to feel about anybody the way you decide to feel about anybody.

none of the possible colors of stone are going to be a perfect match. i’m just saying thomas is darker than lincoln so maybe use a darker stone that’s all. how tf is that racist? that’s some of that woke people stuff calling everyone racist

Nothing brother never mind.

what’s your take on his wife being in that cult?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifespring

So, that unpleasantness aside, let’s do a little excercice. I won’t make a whole cycle out of it, I just want to make a quick point.

How does a communist arrive at a position?

Now, this person didn’t and wasn’t interested in reading the syllabus. It’s, on the whole, relatively short and simply written. He doesn’t and isn’t interested in knowing anything about the case or the situation. Yet he has an opinion, a clear one. The only possible way, knowing nothing about the situation, for him to have this opinion is for him to have gotten it from someone that does know the details of the situation. For any given thing, the question is not “what is happening,” but “what am I supposed to think?” And, of course, they have their trusted sources for that information.

We will even hazard a step forward, and make this distinction: a communist chooses a side, and his positions are a consequence of it. For any given opinion, he will think first “what is the communist opinion,” then seek a trusted communist source, and adopt the opinion. A conservative develops a position, and his side is a consequence of it. For any given opinion, he will think first “what is happening here,” do some research on the situation itself, and adopt an opinion. Only then will a conservative seek what opinions exist out there and, when no diverging opinion presents any new evidence, consider himself to be on the side of the people who express opinions that coincide with his own.

Communism can only work this way because the very basic thesis of communism is already nonsensical. From the very beginning, the very first postulations, it requires trust in the emittor before and to the exclusion of actual study and research. Maybe people with abandonment issues, I don’t know, I’m not a psychologist.