What are you doing? (Part 1)

While on that subject…

Aah, another Wiki wisdom :slight_smile:

Spring cleaned the lounge and garden… next, the kitchen and bathroom. the pad’s looking good :slight_smile:

Hey, how is your cat doing??

A venti iced-mocha at Starbucks is supposed to have three shots of expresso in it. Standard company procedure all over the world.

I asked her how many shots is in a venti, but not because I didn’t know… although I have to make it sound as if I don’t know so as not to be rude and sound like I’m suspect of her competence. I asked because so many times before I have been told by a clerk that it only gets two shots. I asked her to see if she knew, and she did not. This happens all the time with these clowns.

Now, this probably means that every venti ice-mocha she’s ever made for a customer had only two shots, while the customer thought they were getting three.

(this is the kind of unprofessionalism and incompetence I attribute to the free market; without more supervision over the modes of production and distribution, this kind of crap happens with the employees of private companies)

The dilemma: If I tell the store manager, the manager will reprimand her, and she’ll remember me and the incident, and know I snitched on her.

You never want to piss off the person making your iced-mocha. She may take her revenge and make my mochas with only two shots from now on, while pretending to give me three.

WTF am I supposed to do?

Fucks sake, don’t call them clowns. Do you realize how important they are? Baristas, waiters, servers in general, they are the people standing between you and your food. Fucks sake!

In fact, not even they realize how important they are. They’re just there to make minimum wage and get shit from people like you all day.

That is why it surprises them so positively when somebody comes in and smiles at them like it costs nothing… because it doesn’t.
Seriously, it takes so little to make a positive impression on a server, and the benefits are so many, that I wonder why everybody feels like they should be treated like morons and, well, shit basically.

Here’s what I’d do.
Hi, how’s it goin?
make eye contact and smile profusely
I am dying for a mocha. In fact, I would like a venti. You know, I realize how much of a pain it is to pull odd numbered shots, so why don’t you put 4 in there? I can use the extra pep.

She probably won’t charge you for the extra shot, and if you keep being nice, after a week or so she might even memorize your drink and have it ready for you by the time you’re done waiting in line.

Just say quad venti mocha.

Nice post Phoneutria

The NFL held responsible for health problems players suffer from head traumas.
I am mostly against this, it implies that players are idiots or property. Players know from the beginning that repeated head bashing causes issues. Even parents of young players know this. I see this as another example of removing self responsibility. Blame big brother or your master never yourself.

Seeing that you asked… when I let the howling little bitch out the second time (about 2 months ago now) she’s stayed out and has been residing in my next door neighbour’s shed (she was living in her next door neighbour’s shed at her previous owner) so same old same old I guess. :confused: I don’t think my neighbour feeding Lola has helped the situation… why would you feed a neighbours’ cat? why? She even told me that she’s been trying to bring her inside and would happily look after her… I think she’s trying to steal my cat :open_mouth:

So… about 3 weeks ago I went and picked up a cat from Peckham in South-East London… he’s the perfect cat :smiley:

lol your cat dumped you

I think she doesn’t like humans, but she does like hanging around me and the new cat… when she first saw him through the garden door she couldn’t believe her eyes :laughing: but she now seems to have accepted the fact that I have replaced her… did she think I’d wait around for her indefinitely :icon-rolleyes:

[size=150]Lola sunbathing on the garden bench:[/size]

[size=150]Lola making like a statue in the flower bed whilst catching a few rays :laughing:[/size]

About a week ago I had to save her from the neighbourhood alpha-male tabby cat, when he had her pinned up against the fence at 7 (or was it 8 ) in the morning, and I’m constantly saving her from his wailing crazy self throughout the day on most days - he also rams the garden door to get to new cat, but new cat just looks at me and purrs sweetly :wink:

I think Lola is pregnant Kris, but I was assured that she had been spayed :confused:

Kris, are you against asbestos settlements too?

So I had to go rescue Lola from the pulsating-cheeked alpha male tabby cat… again, but it was after 8 in the morning so it was ok… kinda :icon-rolleyes:

I have come to accept the fact that I am not a fan of other humans… they are easily hurt with words that weren’t even meant for them and then verbally lash out with whatever verbal ammunition they can muster, and even when one’s words are presented in the form of constructive criticisms they are again taken badly and the uncalled-for verbal retaliation ensues.

Yes and no. When Asbestos first came out, its properties were unknown and hidden. But, since I was a kid it was known to be cancerous. There are legitimate cases and nonlegitimate cases. If you buy a house knowing , its on you, if you accept a job knowing, its on you. If you buy and do not check its on you. If you accept a job, I dont know, it would be case by case.
Either way, everyone knows banging your fool head is risky and dangerous. Asbestos cannot be in the same class.
Or should I be able to sue power companies if I touch live wires and get seriously injured?

Magsj, He looks adorable. And Lola may have had the procedure but, like humans sometimes mistakes are made , the tube not truly cut or fully sealed. But, then that would depend upon how many kits she eventually has. One or two,maybe. Any more and you were lied to.
Sorry to hear about her defection and your neighbor’s bribing but, in the end maybe it was meant for them and you. Sometimes a personality finds what it needs in odd ways that hurt another without intent of hurting.

I’ll keep an eye on her… thanks for the useful information :slight_smile:

She was always a shed cat so I’m fine with her defection to next door’s shed and with her not being coaxed into next door’s house :wink:

On another note… do you prescribe sulphur or msm to your animal charges? I took a first dose of 750mg today (I had taken one dose last year, but the resulting symptom put me right off) to aid cellular renewal/GI health… is that what it’s prescribed to animals for too?

MSM, yes for internal, sulphur, never internal.
Sulpha/ sulphur are for topical applications.
MSM and DMSO are internal and yes they can help with cellular and GI issues along with joint, wounds. Good stuff if used right. DMSO does produce a side effect, a copperish taste in your mouth and sometimes in body odor. But, it can cure some tumors etc, so it can be worth it.

Am in the throes of severe depression. Too many negatives all at once.
About sulphur, I remember Dad giving us kids a mixture of sulphur and molasses.

ehow.com/way_5657368_sulfur- … emedy.html
Its based on sound medicine but, not knowing proper amounts for size can be harmful.
I hope things start looking up for you. Spring is here maybe taking some hikes in a park will help…???