What are you doing? (Part 1)

Thanks, Lady K, for caring. The depression is severe, keeping me from enjoying anything. But, like all storms, it will pass. Thai senses something is wrong and cuddles up beside me when I lie down. Thank God for cats!

I’m laughing at this …

youtube.com/watch?v=JWVa_1m1GrA

I remember when Sylvester Stallone was a big deal, a universal star and, imo, one of the best actors in Hollywood…but now he has been reduced to starring in UK adverts promoting bread hahahahahaha

Watching the riots going on in Baltimore.

Hey Ierrellus, I’m not even joking right now, but have you tried prayer? I remember that while I was still a believer it helped a lot emotionally to pray, f.e. I would watch horror movies and then before going to sleep recite the guardian angel prayer and it’d make me feel safe. Now of course, I personally don’t believe any of it is true anymore so I can’t derive that kind of relief from it now, but I think that you should be able to. One of the more positive sides of religion is that it provides people with a sense of hope and comfort and lets them get on with their daily lives.

Wouldn’t call him a great actor, but he had his time in the spotlight, decades in fact. He’s an action star, so naturally he won’t be as popular when he gets old, though he still produces movies and acts from time to time. I don’t see that commercial as degrading to him, it’s intended to be silly.

Arbiter of Change

I don’t think that that’s so realistic considering that ierrellus has said that his depression is pretty severe.
I think that taking a walk in nature might be more helpful than prayer albeit perhaps not so helpful. But more helpful than prayer. I’m a skeptic. lol When I sometimes get down in the dumps for instance over the holidays (which isn’t severe depression at all) I’ll sometimes listen to Alvin and the Chipmunks’ songs. They really do change brain chemistry. They’re capable of making one laugh - they have me laughing even as the tears are rolling down my cheeks they sound so cute - but they still have me laughin. I think they’re a grat mood changer or watching an Alvin and the Chipmunks movie.

Have to try whatever you can, ierrellus. But maybe not to push the depression out as much as to just let it flow and allow other things to flow with it, kind of like neutralizing it.

Laughing Man

I’ve heard that there is a lot of money in that. He is also a pretty good painter - artist.

I agree, a walk in the nature should be very helpful, definitely more so than a prayer. Being stuck in a closed, dark space will affect your mind negatively and only make the depression worse.

hm… not sure what happened here.

mystery solved, I’m a dumbass :smiley:

Sorry, mysteries are never solved. That is a huuuuuuuge sign of denial, caused by severe intellectualization. Nature if she wishes, will encapsulate You in dark and tight spaces, if only to unearth the hidden fuel for imagination.

Well, the mystery in case was not a true mystery. It was merely a situation that appeared puzzling to me because of my own distraction. I’ve fooled myself :slight_smile:

Well, that only proves that You remain a mystery unto Yourself, even if for that period of time, to claim foolishness, may be putting it too strongly. At least as far as a distraction being the cause. After all, You may not have been distracted, were it not for the distracting object being more of a pull. Even as a last resort, I suspect You may need not set Yourself being bored by Nature. You put it simply, but unconvincingly.

Three treatments of my apt for bedbugs have not gotten rid of them. I pray about it daily. Yesterday I found a song by Johnny Cash, “Matthew 24”. I found my mother’s Bible and turned to the chapter. A bedbug crawled across the page. I can hear it now. Atheists will comment that prayer is useless because there is no God, but there are bedbugs! Like Job, I cannot give up my faith in God.

Hark! I just found the Book of Job was written by Solomon, as was the Book of Ecclisiastics. And Solomon was a very wise man. I think the roaches do not realize what they are up against.

…keeping busy

by Ierrellus

I read up on them, (as you probably have) and it seems that treating one apartment will not be effective in getting rid of them, as they travel. Ugh!

Have you replaced your old mattress? It seems to me, it may be wiser to chuck the lot and start again.

In an apartment, a minimalistic decor would probably best suit to defeat those little suckers.

Ierr, find a bag of food grade diatmaceous earth( spelling is probably wrong) , put it in your floor’s cracks and crevices and on your mattress and box spring. Or get some citrus oils add some water and spray the hell out off your floor by the walls and roof by your walls. As well as your bed and anywhere else you see them, couches, chairs etc. And do this every few days for a week or two. It should safely build up a strong repellent. Make sure the smell of citrus is strong in your spray, too little is useless. A combination of the earth and oil should work very quickly, let the sprayed areas dry first…

Very impressed with the results so far… I told a fellow local Conservative doctor friend of mine about sulphur and he had never heard of its use in treating ailments… he admitted the uselessness of medical professionals in prescribing such things beyond diagnosis and non-natural prescriptions.

My face swelling up on the 3rd day of usage did not deter me one bit #-o and it went down the next day, and now I can see cheekbones again :slight_smile:

I’m thinking about adopting Arc’s children and giving them a better chance at life.

Booked my tickets to go see Onyx tomorrow with the fam (2nd eldest sister and brother) and then saw KRS1 are also on in a couple of weeks time… that’s also a must :smiley:

Also attending Shaka Zulu and Ronnie Scott’s later in May with the same sister… my bestie isn’t cultured enough to want to go to such places (they don’t involve gullible men that she can manipulate and use) so I’m glad my sister is in :slight_smile:

There are other events goin on between now and end of May, so it’s going to be an eventful month. See what I did there :wink:

I’m going outside to hunt, it’s 9am. Who is alive? Will they all be drained? I haven’t fed in ages, well, a few days …I’m starting to get cold/hot flushes… it’s kind of a nice feeling at times, but a burning ache too…very intense… I must feed now! Before i start to change