What are you doing? (Part 1)

streamable.com/imve2r

In a curious mood while fighting with fungus gnats.

you get some neem oil?

pics from yesterday

Yes, but the pre-mixed stuff doesn’t work so some concentrated oil was delivered today along with sticky traps. It’ll be all out war tomorrow. Die beasty MoFos!

put some potato slices down there too.

the idea is that they breed so fast that it’s nearly impossible to get them all at once. you start by reducing their numbers with the potato chunks and by using the neem oil to make the plant taste yucky to them.

if you got pure neem oil, dilute it a bit for sure, but not too much. that’ll get them to the potato where they’ll get stuck and you can just throw them away outside or something. sticky traps same thing. they like to hide around the base of the plant so wrap the trunks with that sticky paper and that’ll get a lot of them.

eventually you will have them down to just a few that you can squish. diligence is key here. if you let up on them for a day, they’ll breed overnight and it’ll get worse.

_
A hydroponic herb company have set-up shop in my local mini-mart… they grow the heritage/old strain plants in a specially-constructed hydroponic growth cabinet, and when they are big enough they are packaged up in brown paper cones… complete with roots still attached, for maximum freshness. How novel.

Their mountain coriander was delicious.

i usually buy a small rosemary bush and just chop the leaves off if i need rosemary

Yea, but these herbs are 100% heritage specie and pesticide-free/organic. I’ll pap the growing cabinet later, and upload it… it looks futuristically insane.

The captain inspects the turret gun deck. All systems are operational.

streamable.com/23ynr5

You take good pics, Reasonable.

Thanks for sharing

anytime. i just snap them with my phone.

Potato slices have been deployed but I think that the gnats have about killed everything I seeded.

they’ll do that if the plants are really small it may be best to just scrap them.

i’d start over with some sunlight to supplement the led, and by taping up any windows that may have a space that could allow even a tiny insect to sneak in.

another thing that you can do both as a preventative measure and if they come back is to keep a fan blowing directly on the plants. good air circulation does a few things. it makes it harder for them to land and a less desirable place to land with the wind blowing, it equalizes the humidity in the room so that you can have a better feel of if your room is dry or if it is damp, it prevents buildup of moisture around the plant which can lead to mildew and mold and all that stuff, it blows off any heat that’s coming down from the lights which can sometimes make the plants too warm…aaaaand…it’ll make smaller plants work harder and earlier on in their lives toward building a soild trunk since they feel like they might get blown over. they dont want to be blown over, so if they’re in a strong wind they will tend to develop as sturdier earlier on which helps them all the way to harvest, not just in surviving but in yield as well.

thrips, aphids, spider mites and fungus gnats are the mortal enemy of gardeners. throw a few ladybugs in there and they’ll eat at least some of the other bugs.

ourworld.unu.edu/en/bee-harming … -in-europe

There must be better ways to limit the gardeners enemies, than poison.

FInishing my pint of Indian tea with semiskimmed milk, and farting.

Returned from treasure hunting empty handed. Next time, going solo and early in the morning.

Mr., placed 7 of the 11 pots outside to let the sun burn up those damn gnats. Trying to salvage 4 plants that are still more alive than dead.

make sure not to over water. it’s ok for the soil to seem dry. make those roots work for it and they’ll grow stronger. if the leaves are drying in direct sun, indirect sun is probably fine. also if you mist them with a bottle, get one that has a fine sprayer because big water droplets on a leaf can act as a magnifier and burn the leaf.

maybe skip the milk or go non dairy like some oat milk or something