What are you doing? (Part 1)

_
England v Germany… round of 16.

_
England beat Germany, 2/nil…

Watching Cotton look for treats that I hid all over. So freakin’ cute.

_
Still reeling with silent laughter, from the finalé-drama from yesterday’s area AGM :laughing:

…looks like They want a second (Super) AGM and some questions answered… or, re-answered, in some cases.

Ok, the amusement from it is dying down now… almost. :smiley:

youtu.be/W6MkESn1v1w

It has been a while, right? :sunglasses:

It wasn’t just fascinating, but also down-right hilarious… these political meetings can get quite heated, you know.

I’ve got to put my serious-face on, for all further such meetings and discussions that follow, from here-on-in. 8-[

Be that as it may, why do you begin some posts with this: _

But not, say, this one. I’ve noticed that occasionally obsrvr524 does the same.

You’re not a member of his “if I do say so myself” ridiculous Coalition of Truth, are you? :sunglasses:

The Underscore is simply a line marker…

I have observed Obsrvr doing many things, lol… so nothing new there…

With regard to this ‘Coalition of Truth’ membership… No! Questions questions questions, but why. :-s

looking at rocks and shit

and some more

Deep cleaning for a week long guest, my Dad. I may get my fishing license so Dad, my Uncle, and I can go out on the Mississippi to their infamous, catfish hole. Guess we’ll see since it’s been raining a lot.

_
Back! from a Local Council event, where upon hearing the final result we rushed off for drinks, us Four.

My first drinks-foray out, since the last lockdown last November… or maybe my second.

Time to continue drafting these meeting minutes… :sleeping-sleep:

Thinking about a math trick a Youtube video taught me about making percentages easy. Can someone quiz me? Let’s see if it works for whole numbers.

you should have just come to america to a republican majority state. in alabama everyone bitched and moaned about lockdowns, but no one actually locked down

I make for a good British Conservative, but I’m not sure if I would make for a good Republican… I think that they do need to resolve the ‘American’ issue, but they don’t… or don’t know how. Living under racial tensions ain’t no way to live… well, I wouldn’t want to, personally.

We were proper locked-down here… apart from the protests… the revolutionists, that the whole of the U.K. has come to admire. When conspiracy theories go mainstream, ha!

it’s pretty much the primary feature of the american right wing to be racist nowadays.

The racism is two-sided tho… I’m not oblivious to that fact… and no self-sought/conceived plan-of-revenge is sitting right with me… the same as during the similar situation in South Africa.

Does an action, justify an unethical means? it doesn’t for me… on any side. I hope that things ease up, in the coming days and weeks, for America.

two wrongs don’t make a right.

the fundamental questions that the american right wing is afraid to answer about crt is simply, “should we teach kids about the genocide of native americans, and about african american slavery?”

they are bending over backward and 100s of fringe media outlets are in full on spaz-out mode about this. they’re making the idea of teaching truthful history into a controversial issue. i don’t think it should be.

“Truth and unlimited Capital are inversely proportional”

-chilling and reflecting:

Even if they say to you, yeah but if they had the dough, you’d be singing another tune , even the i’d tell’n that it wouldn’t make no difference cause the other way with a deflating doll,(ar) the experience would entail a point of no return for the doll. In other words , the old money could not get a hard - loan to finance the next generation.

A day of self-reflection.

ILP and Knowthyself are both helping me evolve.

Wow! When I first started reading ILP posts during 2009, my mind was overwhelmed by new ideas and the multiplicity of perspectives, many I would never gather on my own, let alone share.

Thank you.

So, in myself was a keyhole that I hadn’t peered through. Dang, eye opening. Intent, I see you. Now I’m working to build the key.

From everything I have experienced here and there, intent, my intent is most important. Yes, quite often I am frustrated and angered by other minds. A general, overarching unhappiness forming many thoughts and ideas from others, sometimes from myself. I reflect that unhappiness too because it’s easier to reflect it than fight it. Hell yes, I want to vent, to ridicule whatever it is that is trying to wield my unrecognized intent into my being a monster. Opposing energies do that. They skillfully bade us into unbecoming.

More and more lately, I am weighing what is being written with a new caring, having compassion for both minds, theirs and my own. Until recently, I didn’t get that a good intention goes a long way within. Forget about the other person, their opposition. I am all I need. No other approval needed, only my own, the hardest to win.

Whatever another’s intent may seem, my intent will be aimed at maintaining an inner calm, a clear headedness with only a positive outcome for me. No letting my ego respond. Additional things I now realize, there is more internal damnation than meets the eye in everyone. And my adding external strife to convince or "wake up’ another, only immediately diminishes my inner health, wasting my energy.

Regulating my intent as a top priority, adds conscientiousness to my actions that I hadn’t considered would bring forth such a change in perspective. So, yaay me and all the friggin’ rewrites I’ll have to make to post exactly what you’d expect…high mindedness and sophistication. :-k

No forum is ideal in my opinion, and from the non-ideal we learn, during a day of self-reflection.