What are you doing? (Part 1)

Ah, visited the Casa Bonita restaurant yet? Waiting on your update.

i just googled it. it’s in lakewood. will have to get out there at some point.

i did visit shooter’s bar and grill, the one owned by the gun packing house rep lauren boebert, who argues on twitter with the moms of kids who have been shot to death. she is in fact a horrible person, but i went there on the way to moab to see the spectacle for myself.

and i hate to say it, but the food is real good. they’ve got some old man back there who is like a burger whisperer. you can get your burger, “Trumped up”, where they cook it on a cedar plank or some shit. as much as i hate it, the shit was really good. on the way back i stopped there again and i was the last customer, and her mom was working, so i just shot the shit with this house rep’s mom for like 40 minutes. super nice people, just really confused about some basic facts, and really into the whole, “politics as professional wrestling” sort of vibe. if you’re ever in rifle, CO, don’t listen to anyone about anything just get that fucking burger.

I lived in Germany for 11 years. Back in 91 I had the fastest production bike made, the Kawasaki ZX-11. 10.2@131 in the 1/4 mile. 0-60 MPH in less than 3 seconds. It was freakin’ fast! I had already riden the ZX10 for a few years, and when I got the 11 it was unreal. I would take off from a dead stop and accelerate at such a great rate that I couldn’t see straight. LOL

When I got back to the States I was here for about 1 month. One day I was stuck behind a dump truck at a red light. The light turned green and the dump truck started off slow. When I got a few feet past the intersection there was a merging lane on the right side. I got in the merging lane and punched it in 2nd gear, and nailed 3rd gear and I was doing well over 100 MPH. I looked in front of me and there was an undercover cop watching me in his rear view mirror. He pulled over, let me pass him, and then pulled me over. He gave me a ticket for passing in a merging lane, and a “you’re lucky I don’t have radar.” LOL

I traded the bike in for a jet-ski, because I knew my license would be taken in a matter of months if I didn’t get rid of it.

you dont have to let them catch you you know…

I was probably 15 years old when one day I was on my dirt bike with my friend on the back. I was heading out of town on the street, and a cop saw me and started approaching me from behind at a high rate of speed. He flipped his lights and siren on and I punched it! :slight_smile: He tried to get around me on the left side of me and I blocked his move by moving to the left lane. I continued up the road and then jumped the ditch into a corn field. I went in a good way and stopped and we both laid low. The cop didn’t know where I was. He finally left. We waited about an hour and took the trails home. I outran Johnny Law!!! :slight_smile:

The next day I was on my bike and was heading to see my girlfriend. I cut through the school and was manipulating my handle bars through the walk through gate, and out of nowhere Bufford T. Justice grabbed my handle bars and told me to shut it off. He called the biggest flatbed tow truck in town and impounded my bike. He wrote me 3 tickets, unregistered, unlicensed, and uninsured. I couldn’t afford to get the bike out of impound and they charged $7 a day storage. The bill quickly got out of control. I finally got the bike back a year later when I flashed $100 to the guy and told him that’s all I have. He must have felt sorry for me and took it.

Moral of the story: Don’t run from the cops, they will win in the end, and it will cost you dearly!

_
…wondering if people ain’t boring their own selves.

Wondering if there is one person here actually capable of doing philosophy? :-k

Why is finding answers through philosophy so incomprehensible? #-o

well because

So that’s a “no” concerning you?

Always amused by the movie, Blast From The Past.

Reviewing a lesson finally learned. Ya gotta give up on some people, especially the mean ones. Now the day can progress in a hospitable way.

Feeling unnaturally free on this Saturday, no obligations, no “have to’s”.

Due to the temp climbing over 90 F, indoor activities are it and my area is all masked up again, so I’ll be staying home.

Paint?

Gonna attempt a portrait of the Grandmother I was never fortunate enough to meet. Waiting on photos, nice face shots, to work with, not sure if it will end up being done in pointillism or not.

_
Pleased about this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E72Epbav1Y[/youtube]

there are several million people in denver i dont even think the cops will try and chase you on a bike here.

yes but most of us just dont have the mental energy or desire to convince people that the answers in philosophy are not all opinions and that everything isnt a debate and also that the answers people are looking for don’t actually exist and that therefore there is little reason to continue trying to come up with them. philosophy is super hard and it takes a really smart person a lot of time and dedication and in most cases a great deal of guidance to really get it.

like philosophy is a way that you get trained to think. you can have the philosophy of economics or morals or politics of social philosophy or all the “philosophy ofs” but thats just applying a way of thinking to some subject matter or another. so you can’t just learn philosophy by talking about those things. you’ve gotta do the hard shit and read a whole bunch of really boring and dense stuff. and it can’t be all those continental guys just who just basically whine about the human condition and existentialism and all that. it’s gotta be the horrible boring shit that you have to take notes on and that it might take you a month of thinking just to get one small part of an argument.

like all these people out here trying to talk about power and nobility and energy and waves and all that sort of stuff and im like bruh until you have a proper understanding of functionalism and reductionism and descriptivism and a firm grasp of what does and does not constitute a theory in and of itself i mean if im being honest the whole bit where they’re trying to do philosophy just looks like a bunch of stoned freshmen talking about how the universe is shaped like a horse saddle and how black holes are like bending time and shit whle they sit and smoke that weed. it’s just dummy talk.

if i were capable of giving a shit it would be really frustrating to watch

but i would rather be at this beach. galveston yesterday morning before hopping on a plane at george bush airport on 9/11.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T__3CVTyIW0[/youtube]

wendy the best book that you can get if you want to learn philosophy is the oxford dictionary of philosophy. no kidding. before you can go about the task of finding the futility in trying to solve problems for which by their nature solutions are impossible, you’ve gotta learn the jargon. it’ll end up saving you a lot of time if you can see that whole conversations that people are having can be summed up in one or two words in a lot of cases. once you’ve got some of that lingo down it’ll be a lot easier to move on. plus you can just put it in your bathroom and read entries while you poop so you don’t end up wasting so much time trying to decide whether monism or dualism or true or whether it’s free will or determinism that is correct and all that.