What films are you watching right now?

Some feel that on earth.

_
An excellent film… makes me want to shout “Buy! Buy! Buy!”

The British working-class proletariat v the capitalist over-class entitled… I stand objective, as always.
__

A British colonel (Robert Morley) teams up with a cleaning lady (Peggy Mount) to profit from office wastebasket tips.

Initial release: 25 November 1963

Director: C. M. Pennington-Richards

Distributed by: British Lion Films

Music by: Ron Goodwin

Production companies: Bryanston Films; Fanfare Films

Full movie…

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62gpAJoOxvU[/youtube]

I find myself having to heartily recommend the Amazon TV show “ELEMENTARY”.

I’ve only just become aware of it as I’ve been told that Amazon are going to drop it soon.

It stars Johhy Lee Miller as SH, and Lucy Liu as Joan Watson, attached as consultants to the NYPD.
Miller play SH really well. Aloof, Aspergers, intense, sober drug addict.

The main problem is the format. Each episode (24 in season 1) is complete in itself, as so has a recognisable pattern and rhythm, which lets you know that 60% the way through the current suspect has to be a red herring, else what would they do with the rest of the time.
Contrasts very heavily for that reason with “Sherlock” with Benedict Cumberbatch. But I’d not take anything away from Miller or Lui as they play their parts very well.
By the end of season One we get extended plots, which I hope will continue.

The other thing of interest is
MoonFall, a nice silly romp with absurd co-incidence and happenings, not to be taken seriously. But worth a watch

Is this the story of Jacque Cuze?

Glad you liked Moonfall :slight_smile:

It was nice to see John Bradley getting some work after GoT.

Didn’t see GoT, but lawv Bradley’s character in Moonfall :slight_smile:

Netflix

‘Look both ways’

Down with Love

Perhaps all one needs to know about the show.

youtu.be/YPldby69mjY

youtu.be/U8M_1eyrBtQ

_
Rampage

Primatologist Davis Okoye (The Rock) teams up with a geneticist, Dr Kate Caldwell (Naomie Harris), and tries to save George, an albino gorilla, and prevent two giant mutated animals from wreaking havoc in Chicago.

__
I’ve seen this film before, but didn’t realise that George was albino. 8-[

The feigned death at the end tho… :laughing:

youtu.be/TdWCrJmaXzI

_
So I decided to use my free 3-months-subscription to Disney Channel -courtesy of my mobile-phone company- just so that I could watch ‘In Time’ …a ‘must watch’ recommendation from my eldest sister.

Of course… I can watch other productions too, to my heart’s content. :romance-inlove:

You’re quite the film connoisseur… anybody would think you were a film snob. :wink:

Not really, discovered it through reading Clause Mann , and the ending is apropos , especially the staging of ‘Hamlet’

_
…Big Momma’s House

I was in the mood for some light relief. :slight_smile:

Like her a lot as well, something Devine in her, or rather something of Devine. For fun recommend ‘Female Trouble’ bit on the trashy side though.

Last night on recommendation 3rd hand new on netflx
‘Doll House’ interestingly resonating
Gotta weed out glimmers and works on that level.

_
…Big Momma’s House 2

…missed the first hour of it, but still managed to get my jokes on.