Double-Edged Golden Rule (self=other)

double edged sword

The golden rule is not treat others how they treated you — nor is it do something to get something back. Wrong connotation of reciprocity. The golden rule acknowledges unique selfhood even if the acknowledgment is not mutual.

It’s treat all selves the way they/you would want to be treated if everyone was also treating everyone the way everyone would want to be treated, all things considered.

And when you are judging whether or not they are doing that, the other edge is, you will be likewise judged. In other words: no double standards.

Other relevant GR threads:

1. ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … olden+Rule
  2. ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … olden+Rule
  3. old: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … olden+Rule
  4. ilovephilosophy.com/search.php? … mit=Search

This is true to form as Anselm/Descartes would have it. But it’s critical doubt reuses out of the debated firm of pre firmance, and that critique has caused all subsequent tests on the contrary, necessating the above doublly test, mentioned in the other venue, namely : “are you testing me?”

No this title of back and forth is a pseudo strawman? While being correctly circular.

This type of circularity is prevy to the indiscernible rise, that Leibnitz configured with prefigured calculus, and again needs literal simulation to reassert faith in.

I don’t really understood what I just said but oracles are presumed to repeated tests of believability.

Who is that eurocentrist thinker who is keen on bubbles? Will searc that as soon as possible.

The conditional is like one that does appear to violate a principal, how they would like to be treated as , is a synthetic puzzle, assembled from an interjection, that is a revised method of viewing a projection, a fallacy, naturalistically driven, of man’s lack of the pointillistic assemblage he should have had his spirit so painted.

Hate to start sounding like Ec, and I really see no problem with it, except it critically reflects the problem with how synthetic is synthesis?

Is it a logical modus operant? Or one essentially one where the logic dissolves into epiphenominal pointillism?

So, the color of such unity (dis)resolves into an either or black or white moralistic argument that ethical theory would or could view with prejudicial point of view.?

self=other is transcultural because it cannot be made/destroyed. God didn’t make it, but is it, and unjust laws don’t destroy it, but themselves.

application of it is a cocreative effort/negotiation… failure to apply it results in breakdown of all negotiation/cocreation

as long as a cocreation is in line with self=other, there is no limit (against such things there is no law)

whole (permanent) infinite (variation)

Another link for the list in the OP:

ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … e#p2911775

&
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … 1#p2913881

& another
ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … 0#p2922880

& another, resurrected: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … m#p2861935

An alternative to the golden rule is the platinum rule, which we adopted in nursing and states that you should treat others how they want to be treated.

Thank you, Bob.

It’s more of an implication than an alternative.

There are many variations.

Another one to add to list in the OP:

Source: ilovephilosophy.com/viewtopic.p … 3#p2924683

Is self=other a “contradiction”?

To this:

Good is defined as a self recognizing the other as another self, and so negating double standards.

Each self aligning all imaginations with the good will solve all the problems you have with imagination.

Once in alignment with the good, there is no limit to the imagination. Against such things there is no law (made for errant persons, not persons for law).

The Good (self=other) is the only unmade law. Any law out of alignment with it is no law at all.

@PZR replied:

How can there be another self if self=other? Wouldn’t it all just be one self? One’s self? … very simply noted … obvious … contradiction

I replied:

God is the omnitemporal/transtemporal union of three selves. The only true panentheism.

The rest of us are three (in his image), but there is an imbalance that breaks the unity, which can only be balanced/restored by willfully resuming the original position (formal/final cause). One Being (in three persons), many beings (in Being’s image). That’s not something we do, it’s just an invitation we accept.

There are no natural born citizens of the kingdom. Only invited citizens who accept. God is not a dictator, but he doesn’t need your vote.

In a different thread, I said this in different words:

Two ways to upset the balance of consent respect/recognition and treat or be treated like some special/other kind of special/other:

above and beyond everybody else’s specialness/otherness

below and beneath everybody else’s specialness/otherness

Replace every “body else’s” with every “selves”.

Answering @Ecmandu on self not equaling other… differing capacities & preferences make us unique, so each self has essence in common, but also otherness… summarizing from Double-Edged Golden Rule: Double-Edged Golden Rule (self=other) - #11 by Ichthus77

every self/other is an other/self to another self

Answering FJ: Look at your constructs around you. - #101 by Flannel_Jesus

You’re still avoiding the question, ightthas!

I have not avoided it. I showed you how I already answered it repeatedly. What I showed you was not even exhaustive.

This is very simple. Yet you have not answered it.

Yeah huh.

Assolutely.

Still waiting for you to show me how “a self recognizing an other as another self“ Is a contradiction.

It’s a contradiction is you wish to simultaneously claim that

Does this help clarify?